Tuesday, April 19, 2011

because friends are friends forever...

I had the pleasure of attending the wedding of two beautiful people this past weekend in Seattle! Austin and Martha were two people that I lived with in Amsterdam. Austin was my small group leader and the first person to train me at reception, but I think I got to know Martha better because she stayed a couple months longer than Austin. Anyway, they are two of the most genuine people I think I've ever met. When I am talking to either of them, I feel like they are really listening. They have huge servant's hearts and really love God, and it's evident in their interactions with each other and with other people.

I originally wasn't going to make the trek up because I thought I'd be all alone, but then I found out that several other Amsterdammers were going to be there and decided to go after all! I got to see my friend Anne who I worked with from March-August, my Dutch manager Benjamin, and his wife Terri and their new baby girl, Chloe. I met a handful of others who were there right before I arrived, and we ended up getting a group picture:


all and all it was a great trip. I got to see some of the city, I got to see good friends, and I got to get out of Orange County! woot.

1 comment: