I went online and searched for a new phone number, but all I could find was this faulty number on the official rebate website. I found a link that said "check the status of my rebate," but when I clicked on it, it was just a static page that said something about giving it 10-14 business days. Finally, I sent them an email that went like this:
Hello,
We purchased one of the projectors that had the free lamp replacement promo going on. We sent in the form and were notified via postcard that there was a shortage of lamps and that we would be receiving it by the end of May 2011. We still have not received it, but when I tried to call the phone number listed on the postcard and the website (here: https://www.infocusrebates.com/index.php?u_id=faq#faq_197) a man told me I had the wrong phone number. I tried calling the number (800) 417-1834 a handful of times and the same thing happened. On the website when I try to track the status of my rebate, I am directed to a page (here: https://www.infocusrebates.com/index.php?s_id=&u_id=home#claimStatus) that says, “Please allow 10-14 business days from the mailing date of your rebate for it to be received and processed.”
What’s a girl gotta do to get a free lamp replacement?
No inquiry about personal information to check the status. Terrible capitalization and awkward grammar.Good Afternoon,
As I am sure you are aware, this rebate program has been an extremely successful one. We are being told that the backorders are to be caught up, and shipped out to us by the end of June. We are, in turn, shipping them out right away hopefully to the end users by mid-July.Your claim for the free lamp has been received and approved. We hope that you have been enjoying your projector and your Free Lamp will be to you by the end of July. Thank you for your patience.
About 3 days later we got another postcard in the mail that said the exact same thing as the first one, just with later dates. I am not impressed, InFocus Rebate Center. Not at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment