Sunday, January 18, 2015

January White

If nothing else, we're given a little time
To change the game, a chance to redefine

Everything we are,

In our January white. - Sleeping at Last

The last few months, TJ and I have talked a lot about goals. Where do we want to be, who do we want to be, and how do we want to get there. During our first year of marriage, most of our lives were functional. We figured out routines, how to share a budget, how to live together in a healthy way. Once the fall of 2014 hit, it felt like our routines had become just that: routine. We had our daily lives nailed down, but to what end? What were we working toward?

We had some lofty talks about who we want to be and how that's going to be accomplished. And then we had trips to take and obligations to uphold and the holidays and the freelance gigs, and our ideas suddenly fell by the wayside.

But January. January is this universally recognized cleansing month where we can change all of that. After the dust settles from the craziness of the holidays, we can take a deep breath and revisit those ideas of who we want to be and how we want to get there.

The theme of this year at our church is to "do less, better" and I've decided to take that on in my personal life as well. I want to be more intentional with my time. I want to stare less at my computer. I want to be healthy. I want to be generous. I want to write more.

So let's get going on that.

1 comment: